Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

Applying for a home

To use this site, you will need to have an active housing application. 


Not registered yet?  Click here to register

Who can join?

Anyone aged 16 and over can apply to join the housing register.  You only need to do this once to be eligible to bid on available properties across all five Local Authority areas in the Tees Valley area. 

Who cannot join?

There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:

  • Certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland

In some cases, we may not allow you to join the housing register if we receive evidence to suggest that you or a member of your household have a history of behaviour which we think would make you unsuitable to be a tenant.  Examples of this are;

  • People who have very high housing debt in their current or former tenancy
  • People who have been found guilty of anti social behaviour
  • People who have certain types of criminal convictions

For more detailed information contact the partner operating in your area, or take a look at our Policy.